Juniors at Epic Charter Schools are encouraged to apply for Youth Leadership Oklahoma. This is an outstanding opportunity for students who have demonstrated a unique ability to lead others while making a significant impact upon their school and community. Each student selected will be awarded a full scholarship to our program and will benefit from the incredible programs, speakers, and events as this class bonds together and discovers the treasures of Oklahoma!
The selection committee looks for students who represent our state’s best young leaders — those who have demonstrated leadership ability in activities such as student council, athletics, community, and service clubs. Keep in mind that with approximately 50 class members chosen throughout the state, selection will be difficult. Every effort will be made to select a balance of representatives from across Oklahoma.
Important Points for YLOK Applications
- Only high school JUNIORS are eligible to apply.
- Applications must be received no later than 5 p.m. Tuesday, December 5, 2017. FED EX, UPS, and hand delivered applications are accepted, emailed applications will be accepted but hard copies are preferred.
- Principals must sign the application form verifying the applicant’s GPA. (You may contact your Epic teacher to identify your principal.)
- There is no program cost or fund-raising required of the student or school. Each student will receive a full program scholarship for all transportation, lodging, and food. This is possible through corporate and Leadership Oklahoma funding.
- After the initial meeting and orientation, transportation to all activities is provided, therefore students will not need to provide or acquire transportation for the trip.
- Each student must be willing and available to attend the entire program, June 3-8, 2018 as a prerequisite for application.
- Applications MUST BE TYPED and complete for consideration.
- Click here to access the application forms from the Youth Leadership Oklahoma website.
For more information, please contact Lee Anne Stone, Youth Director, email@example.com or Reese Black, Program Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the Leadership Oklahoma office at 405-848-0001.