Welcome, Military Students and Families!
Epic Charter School is proud to provide support for our military-connected children, youth, and families. We know there are educational and personal challenges faced during the transition to a new school. Our mission is to fulfill every student’s individual potential by personalizing an educational plan that focuses on school and family partnerships that will keep students on track for graduation and ensure they will be college, workforce, and life ready while also providing the necessary social-emotional support.
Military Liaison: Dr. David Kincaid | firstname.lastname@example.org, 405-749-4550 ext 130
Military Liaison Services:
- Identify military-connected students enrolled at Epic through the GSS Department.
- Serve as the point of contact between Epic and military-connected students and their families.
- Inform the Purple Star Transition Team POCs of newly enrolled military-connected students so wrap-around services may begin.
- Ensure teachers and staff understand the special considerations military families and students should receive.
- Works in conjunction with the Purple Star Transition Team to determine appropriate Epic services available to military-connected students.
- Assist the College & Career Readiness Department in coordinating campus programs relevant to military-connected students.
- Coordinate with ELC regarding professional development for staff members on issues related to military-connected students.
Learn more about Dr. D (AKA Dr. David Kincaid)
We have several helpful links below, but you are welcome to always start with Dr. D. He can help direct you to exactly what you need.
Enrollment | Core Curriculum | Supplemental Curriculum | Handbook | Academic Counseling | Counseling Services | Military Counseling Resources | Military Child Education Coalition | The Military Interstate Compact
Marti Duggan email@example.com
Counseling and other wrap around services
Shawn Franzeo shawn.franzeo@
Assistance with enrollment application
Assistance with records requests/transfers
Academic planning/schedule planning
Advanced Placement class enrollment
Jae Strckland firstname.lastname@example.org
Career Tech program planning and enrollment
College applications and scholarships
College and Career Week to expose and educate Pre-K through 12th grade students to community helpers, careers, industries, and educational pathways
College, Career and Military Fairs for 8th through 12th grades
Kristi Rich and Leisha Albaugh email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Military Organization that is student led to provide support and mentorship
Field trips and service activities that support the military and military families
Events around the state to empower families with detailed How to’s, Why’s, Resources, and general navigation of the Epic model of education for all grade levels and all specific needs.
David Kincaid email@example.com
Epic Month of the Military Child in April to celebrate our military connected students with relevant events hosted by College and Career and FED Departments
Epic Military Week in November in conjunction with Veteran’s Day
Partnership with a local military installation that provides opportunities for active duty military members to volunteer at the campus
Partnerships with Military Liaisons at the bases in Oklahoma