The purpose of this test is to measure Oklahoma fifth-grade students’ level of proficiency in the Priority Academic Student Skills (PASS) in Writing. Students provide a writing sample by responding to a specific topic in any one of four modes. Each student’s writing sample is evaluated based on a group of six analytic rubrics. These scores, and a computed composite score, supply information about student performance in the following areas: composite writing; ideas and development; organization, unity, and coherence; word choice; sentences and paragraphs; grammar and usage; and mechanics.
After inquiring with the State Department, student ID requirements for our younger students have been relaxed. Here are the 3 options available:
- Any form of government issued ID (such as a military ID).
- For students in grades 5 & 8, parents may sign the student in.
- Or, you may create a student ID by clicking here.
Test Dates & Locations:
Students are required to test at their predetermined test sites. In most cases, students have been assigned tests at a location nearest to their home.
Additional Information and Testing Guides:
Grade 5 Information
- 2012-13 OCCT Grade 5 Writing Parent, Student, and Teacher Guide (2.8MB | PDF)
- Grade 5 Writing Rubric
- Grade 5 CCSS Writing and LA Standards
Passage-Based Sample Prompts
Grade 8 Information
- 2012-13 OCCT Grade 8 Parent, Student, and Teacher Guide (6.9MB | PDF)
- Oklahoma C3 Writng Rubric
- CCSS Writing and LA Standards