Oklahoma mandates all students grades 3-8 take tests appropriate to their grade level. Epic will administer these tests at multiple locations throughout the state. Below is a list of locations with dates and grades being tested.
What to Expect:
The tests are split between pencil & paper tests, and online tests. Most tests are scheduled for 90-120 minutes, though actual finish times vary from student to student. Students will generally have time for a small break between tests, though food and drink will not be provided during this time. Parents and guardians are free to stay at the testing site throughout the day, or they may leave and return to pick up their child after testing has been completed.
After inquiring with the State Department, student ID requirements for our younger students have been relaxed. Here are the 3 options available:
- Any form of government issued ID (such as a military ID or driver’s license).
- For students in grades 3-9, parents may sign the student in.
- Or, you may create a student ID by clicking here.
Test Dates & Locations:
Your teacher or school representative should be speaking with you or may have already scheduled your test(s) with you. Use the links below to access a site map for your testing location.
Oklahoma City – DeVry OKC Map
Oklahoma CIty – Marriott Map
Tulsa/Broken Arrow – Tulsa Technology Center (Broken Arrow) Map
Tulsa/Broken Arrow – Holiday Inn Express Map
McAlester – Kiamichi Technology Center Map
Tishomingo – Murray State College Campus Map
Ponca City – Pioneer Technology Center Map
Ponca City – University Center at Ponca City Map
Lawton – Great Plains Technology Center Map
All maps provided are PDF files. In most cases, you may click on the map you need and it will open in a new window. If you have trouble with this, try right-clicking the link and select “Open in New Window.”
Epic Charter Schools recommends that you print a copy of your map especially if you are not familiar with the test site you are using. This will be a great resource as you make your way to the testing center.
Additional Information and Testing Guides:
Use the linked PDF files for detailed information on the tests. The tests are arranged by grade, and handily indicate what tests will be needed for a given grade level.
- Grades 3-8 Test Preparation Manual (6.1MB | PDF)
- OCCT Grade 3 Parent, Student, and Teacher Guide (6.6MB | PDF)
- OCCT Grade 4 Parent, Student, and Teacher Guide (4.5MB | PDF)
- OCCT Grade 5 Parent, Student, and Teacher Guide (6.4MB | PDF)
- OCCT Grade 6 Parent, Student, and Teacher Guide (4.5MB | PDF)
- OCCT Grade 7 Parent, Student, and Teacher Guide (5.0MB | PDF)
- OCCT Grade 8 Parent, Student, and Teacher Guide (6.9MB | PDF)
The following links (sorted by grade level) provide more insight into test specifications, sample tests and much more.
Online Test Simulation:
The link below will take you to a simulation of the online tests. This is ONLY a simulation and not scored in any way at all. Again, this is not a practice test…
- Access all online test simulators NO LOGIN CREDENTIALS ARE NEEDED (just click login when prompted)
If your child is on an IEP, the OMAAP test may be administered instead. The Test Preparation Manual link above includes OMAAP information as well.
- OMAAP Grade 3 Parent, Student, and Teacher Guide (4.6MB | PDF)
- OMAAP Grade 4 Parent, Student, and Teacher Guide (4.8MB | PDF)
- OMAAP Grade 5 Parent, Student, and Teacher Guide (7.0MB | PDF)
- OMAAP Grade 6 Parent, Student, and Teacher Guide (4.7MB | PDF)
- OMAAP Grade 7 Parent, Student, and Teacher Guide (4.6MB | PDF)
- OMAAP Grade 8 Parent, Student, and Teacher Guide (6.4MB | PDF)