What to Expect:
All multiple choice tests are online tests, while the English 2 & 3 writing tests are pencil and paper. Most tests are scheduled for 120-140 minutes, though English tests are scheduled for 280 minutes, and actual finish times vary from student to student. Students will generally have time for a small break between tests, though food and drink will not be provided during this time. Parents and guardians are free to stay at the testing site throughout the day, or they may leave and return to pick up their student after testing has been completed.
Photo Identification is required for all testing students. Accepted forms of photo ID are shown here http://www.actstudent.org/faq/answers/id.html A state ID (obtained at most tag agencies) or notarized statement (obtained at many banks) are often the easiest to obtain.
Create An Epic Student ID
You may create an Epic student ID by clicking here. Your information will be saved and made available to testing coordinators. This is the easiest way for us to verify students who may not have another form of identification.
Test Dates & Locations:
Students are required to test at their predetermined test sites. In most cases, students have been assigned tests at a location nearest to their home.
Additional Information & Testing Guides:
Use the linked PDF files for detailed information on the tests. The tests are arranged by subject, and handily indicate what tests will be needed for each.
EOI Test Preparation Manual
EOI Parent, Student & Teacher Guides
- EOI OCCT Parent, Student, and Teacher Guide (English II) (PDF)
- EOI OCCT Parent, Student, and Teacher Guide (English III) (PDF)
- EOI OCCT Parent, Student, and Teacher Guide (Algebra I) (PDF)
- EOI OCCT Parent, Student, and Teacher Guide (Algebra II) (PDF)
- EOI OCCT Parent, Student, and Teacher Guide (Geometry) (PDF)
- EOI OCCT Parent, Student, and Teacher Guide (Biology I) (PDF)
- EOI OCCT Parent, Student, and Teacher Guide (US History) (PDF)
Online Test Simulation:
The link below will take you to a simulation of the online tests. This is ONLY a simulation and not scored in any way at all. Again, this is not a practice test…
- Access all online test simulators NO LOGIN CREDENTIALS ARE NEEDED (just click login when prompted)
Testing accommodations for standardized tests will be noted in the IEP as determined by the multidisciplinary team.
*** Students are not required to take an EOI if they haven’t taken the course.