Below is a list of our most frequently asked questions. Please read through this short list to find the answers to many of the questions new members of the Epic family tend to ask.
Epic will keep this area up to date as needed. Should you need more information, please seek assistance at our Help Desk by clicking here.
What is Epic?
- Epic is a Free, Public, Online charter school for grades Pre-K-12th
- Our Charter Sponsor is Graham Public Schools
- Curriculum is self-paced, within appropriate guidelines; no required amount of time on the computer each day
- Epic offers four programs– One on One, OKVHS, Oklahoma Calvert and Wilostar3D
- One on One (PK – 12th) - Choice of curriculum. Epic provides an OK Certified teacher who works with the parent to develop an Individualized Learning Plan. This program also includes access to a Learning Fund of $800 per student to be used in the purchasing of curriculum and other educational expenses.
- Oklahoma Calvert Academy (PK – 8th) - Calvert curriculum, lesson manuals, textbooks, and materials. You will be assigned a virtual teacher, employed by Epic Charter Schools and based in Oklahoma, who is available online, through live chat, and by telephone.
- OKVHS* (6th – 12th) – Advanced Academics curriculum with 24/7 access to Advanced Academics teachers
- WiloStar3D-Epic (6th-12th) – WiloStar3D accredited curriculum & materials. WiloStar3D teacher assistance provide remotely in the 3D virtual campus using avatars.
*OKVHS and WiloStar3D require separate applications.
Who is Eligible to Enroll?
- Any student who is a resident of OK, ages 4-20 on or before Sep. 1, 2013.
When Do I Enroll?
- Right now! Emergency Enrollment is taking place through the end of September.
How Do I Enroll?
- Complete online enrollment form, send in birth certificate and shot record.*
- The contact info for document submission is on the enrollment form. *We can email immunization exemption form if you choose not to immunize.
How Do I Pick Curriculum?
- To see options, hover over the Epic Programs tab at the top of the page.
- You are not required to choose core curriculum during enrollment.
- Once your enrollment is approved, you will be assigned a teacher (if you choose the Epic One-on-One program) and they will contact you.
- From there, you’ll work with your teacher to create an Individual Learning Plan (ILP)
- Once the ILP is done, you will begin making curriculum selections in the Learning Fund form with the assistance of your teacher.
What is the Learning Fund?
- The learning fund is an $800 (subject to change) allotment for each student; multiple students in same family can combine funds.
- The learning fund may be increased to $1,000 depending on funding from the state.
- After price of core curriculum choice is deducted, leftover funds can be used for supplemental curriculum, laptop lease, and extracurricular activities.
- May not cover all items depending on price of curriculum.
- Parents CANNOT be reimbursed for any educational expenses.
- Parents CANNOT be paid directly to purchase educational items.
- Requests for items can be sent to Christen Rose ( firstname.lastname@example.org ). If the request is approved, she will order the item and ship it directly to the family.
- Click here for more information about the Learning Fund.