The Epic Mission, “Fulfilling every student’s individual potential by personalizing an educational plan that focuses on school and family partnership to achieve optimal student performance,” is our goal each and every day.
EPIC One on One Charter School is dedicated to providing students and families with a learning environment that can meet an individual student’s unique needs. The core values of honesty, respect, tolerance, fairness, self-discipline, integrity, responsibility, citizenship, work ethic, and trust are the foundation upon which the School is built. Epic One on One Charter School is a FREE PreK-12 public school provided in partnership with Graham Public Schools for parents/students seeking a non-traditional educational setting utilizing internet-based, individualized self-paced instruction provided in nearly any location. Each course is taught by an Oklahoma certified teacher. Unlike other web based programs, parents can have Epic One on One remote based teachers come to your home or other locations to work with the students and meet with the parents on a regular basis throughout the year.
We believe that learning best occurs when:
- Students are provided an opportunity to receive instruction in a manner that appeals to them and their family.
- Within appropriate guidelines, the curriculum is self-paced to benefit the individual student.
- The curriculum is accessible to students at a time that is best suited for his/her learning style.
- One-to-one teaching is used as appropriate.
- Real life context-based learning is emphasized.
- There is supplemental enrichment through individualized instruction, independent study, field trips, apprenticeships, and appropriate uses of technology, etc.
- The entire community serves as the school campus.
- Interesting, worthwhile learning opportunities are provided that will stimulate the interests of each student.